Published on April 29th, 2020 |
by Raychel O’Connell
– The Housing Heroes project has now been live for 3 weeks and over 100 properties have been offered to the programme so far.
– 80% of properties have already been filled with doctors and nurses in 13 counties across Ireland.
– The Housing Heroes properties have received 800 enquiries and have been viewed over 25,000 times
– There is 8 times more demand from doctors and nurses than supply at the moment
– This is why we need more homes to be offered to the programme so that our healthcare workers can be housed safely and can continue their work
Healthcare workers make up 1 in 4 of all COVID-19 cases in Ireland. With the HSE and the National Public Health Emergency Team (NPHET) issuing advice for them to avoid shared accommodation they need help to stay safe outside of hospitals to protect their loved ones. As Ireland’s largest property site Daft.ie wants to leverage its platform to provide much needed accommodation for our doctors and nurses who are on the frontline of this COVID-19 crisis.
That is why Daft.ie has developed a new tool to match Ireland’s doctors and nurses heroes with hosts who are temporarily donating their properties for free. This short-term housing can help ease the worries of our doctors and nurses of sharing a home with their families or housemates, while giving them the safe and secure space they need to replenish their energy on their breaks from duty.
To help our healthcare heroes as they move to temporary accommodation Liberty Insurance has partnered with Daft.ie on the Housing Heroes programme and is now offering them free contents insurance. In addition Hosts will have the option of using a free Digital contract, courtesy of Swiftcourt, which they can share with their Hero as they agree conditions of their stay.
Juan Miguel Estallo, Product Director of Liberty Europe said: “At Liberty Insurance we put people first, which is more important now than ever. We are proud to participate in the Housing Heroes initiative by providing free contents insurance to the homes available to health care personnel in this programme. We would like to thank everyone on the front line at this time for their hard work and dedication.”
Raychel O’Connell, Communications Manager of Daft.ie said, “We know a lot of healthcare workers are facing serious hardships during this time and Daft is working around the clock to source properties where they can stay for free. We have already had many generous offers from people across the country, but with so many healthcare workers falling ill they need much more. We are asking people if they, or anyone they know has an empty property to consider offering it to one of our healthcare heroes, so they can continue to fight this battle for us all. Please visit our website for more information or email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org”.
Here’s how to become a #HousingHero host:
– Register your interest on housingheroes.daft.ie
– You will then be contacted by Daft’s customer service team who will help you to place your ad
– When you select your Hero you can both agree to the terms of the exchange with a free digital contract that will be provided